- Design a comprehensive methodology for the calculation of real (internal + external)
costs of intermodal freight transport and for the understanding of cost formation
- Validate this methodology through its application to three meaningful European corridors
- Analyse current charging and taxation systems to understand price formation mechanisms.
- Carry out a systematic cost comparison for intermodal and all-road alternatives.
- Assess current imbalances and inefficiencies.
- Develop a decision support module to foster generalisation.
- Identify and analyse technical and organisational cost reduction options.
- Formulate recommendations on public policies and business actions to reduce real costs
and to internalise external costs.
- Promote consensus building among operators and users.
- Disseminate project findings (2 workshops, a website). The RECORDIT approach is fully
consistent with EU policies and recommended principles on fair and efficient pricing of
infrastructure use, the development of sustainable transport and the fostering of a
competitive transport market in Europe.